Tuesday night I made a cake to take to work on Wednesday to celebrate someone’s Birthday. The store did not have the kind of pudding I was looking for, so I could not make the cake I was setting out to make. Which means I had to improvise, I bought a chocolate cake mix, two boxes of butterscotch pudding, one container of extra creamy whip cream, and a bag of chocolate chips. What I ended up with was a Chocolate Butterscotch Poke Cake, and they loved it! A few people told me it was one of the best cakes I ever made.
Here is how I made it…
1) I made the chocolate cake how it said to on the package
2) After it was done and cooled I poked holes in the cake with a wooden spoon (or in my case a plastic spoon that is just like a wooden spoon)
3) I mixed the two boxes of butterscotch pudding with 4 cups milk and then poured over the cake.
4) I let the cake sit overnight in the fridge
5) In the morning I put the whip cream on top, as an icing
6) Then I sprinkled about half of the bag of chocolate chips on top of the cake.
The finished piece…
When talking to a younger male co-worker earlier today I may have mentioned something about my blog and the look and reaction I got to that was priceless. He was truly surprised that I blog. I don’t know why that is, I’m not that much older than him. His surprised reaction really made my day today. Wonder how many more people I would shock if they found out I blog?
I purchased this a few weeks ago and started watching it last night. I am really enjoying it. I can’t believe I have not seen this before. It’s eight disc total so I may be in trouble. This will be all I want to watch. I’m a sucker for a good civil war romance.
Here are 2 Something New’s since I’m a little behind.
1) Steak and Shake Birthday Cake Milkshake. While we were traveling home from Florida a few weeks ago, while in Chattanooga, we stopped for dessert at Steak and Shake. I got a special shake they had in celebration of their Birthday. It was a Birthday Cake Milkshake. That may have been the best milkshake I have ever tasted. I want another one. (Sorry the picture is not the best.)
2) Poo-Pourri: I know this sounds wrong on so many levels. The gift shop at my work is selling this right now. So this became a hot bed topic around the office. So I had to try one. That's right one, there are at least 20 different scents of this poo-pourri. The idea is you spray this in the toilet before you go #2 and it will help with the smell. Well I have to say it works better than I thought it would. And it does smell really good when you spray it.
It’s that time of year again. Time for Secret Santa! At work we do four weeks of Secret Santa so next week is week one for us. It’s always fun three small gifts from a mystery person and then one bigger gift and the big reveal of who had your time the final week. We have so much fun with this each year. I can’t wait to see what my first gift is.
It is not uncommon for this Southern Belle to be reading more than one book at a time. So while I am still reading Gone Girl and did just finished reading the Sassy Belles by Beth Albright. This book was actually pretty good. The Southern Belle lead character and her Southern Belle best friend kept me laughing. The story line of this book is not the best but the laughs sure make up for it. This is actually book one in a series so I’m sure there are many more laughs to come in the other books. This book is a good book for a Southern Belle and I would recommend it if you are in the mood for an entertaining/funny read.